4.04.2012

Mitsubitchy

ok so that's not the most politically correct name for my new car but it is in fact a Mitsubishi (Pajero io) and I am really proud of her.  It just kind of rolls off the tongue right? 


Mitsubitchy comes from a 2006 series of 4WDs created in Japan.  She was imported to Timor in late 2009.  Timor has a funny little rule that no used cars be newer than 5 years old- I guess it's to keep resale values high?  Ah the inflation- don't you love it?  After a long 2 month search she is finally mine.



I can't quite make out the radio buttons so I press all of them until something happens which works fairly well.  The 1.5 radio stations here are awesome.  Timor talk radio streams Indonesian religious services during the lunch rush, and on my way home today I get to hear the new pop hits.  I bee-bop down the Pantai Kelapa beach road bumping around the roads (see below) knowing I will get home thanks to my hot new ride.


So far all the windows work, I have A/C and yes, it has a little rust problem but don't we all?




I also have these sweet sun shades along the windows.  I think they add a real "I'm hard core" value, don't you?



My "license plate"  which is merely a photo copied, laminated piece of paper tied to the front and back of my car with zip ties, does have a 5 digit number that I found out expired 2 years ago, so I'll need to take care of that.  Ah the zip ties- they really do everything here.


Have wheels, ready to ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment