3.12.2012

arte moris

On Saturday I went to the most wonderful festival at Arte Moris in Comoro.  

Arte Moris is Timor-Leste's first non-profit art school, cultural center and artist association.  



Born from the aftermath of occupation, we celebrated the 9th anniversary of this place that provides opportunities for young Timorese in one of the world's youngest democracies.


Behold the flip flop teapot- my favorite piece!

















There was a collaborative graffiti and stenciling area with boards and lots of cans of bright spray paint- very cool.






There was an art exhibition and sale including small & large oil paintings, acrylic paintings, watercolors, mixed media, funky stencils & etchings, hand painted mangrove roots, and photography.  







I absolutely love these little fish bottle tops.




And finally- this gave me such a laugh.  It definitely describes how the gym makes me feel sometimes....



No comments:

Post a Comment