1.25.2012

IndoVision puh-lease!

So I get 4 channels here in my hotel room.  BBC, BBC, TLC, and IndoVision.  Yes the first 2 channels are the same, but the second BBC channel isn't fuzzy like the first, so it really is like having 3 channels.  Score (three) for the English speaker.


My most favorite channel is IndoVision.  It's currently showing all the TV shows that played in the US over the last few years.  For example Glee just premiered.  So at a minimum, to my local friends (all 2 of them) I'm not just knowledgable, I'm prophetic. I wish sports were on here- I would win a ton of money.


I also love the local music video commercial breaks.  And the advertisements for the freeze dried milk crack me up too.  People seem so excited to mix it with water- it just makes me happy.  And there is this amazing Knorr product I've never seen in the US that is a gel flavor packet for sauces. Or maybe it does exist?   Either way- genius!  I can't wait to move into a place with a kitchen and buy some.  Veggie stir fry here I come.


The Bachelorette kills me.  It's the season with that dumb girl Ashley with the bad bangs and the weird guy who wears the face mask and I just can't watch it.  (That's right- I know that much from the preview commercials).  I didn't watch it in the US and I won't watch it here.  I heard whoever she chose she's already broken up with anyway (shocker).  Though she does drive a sweet Maserati in the show and that reminds me- I need to buy a car.  I saw a sweet Mini Nissan Pajero the other day.......4 wheel drive....pleather seats.  Mmmmm.


However, the BEST show on IndoVision is by FAR Junior Master Chef Australia.  For those of you obsessed with the Food Network like I am, it's basically like Top Chef, but with kids who compete in teams to serve their creations to the Australian version of Tom Colicchio and his cracksquad of savvy, discriminating paletted chefs.  Kids are cute in general, but kids who cook are precious.  Kids with accents who cook- come on.  I'm done.


American Idol: "The Most Gorgeous Event of All."  That's the slogan for the show here.  IndoVision interviews people who are the show's "biggest fans," and they try to convince you to watch it by telling you that "their favorite part about Idol is J.Lo's big sexy hair," or the "crazy outfits those contestants wear!"  I'm not quite convinced yet, but came close earlier when a guy was going on how cool Stephen Tyler's leather pants were.  Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment