1.28.2012

saturday stroll

Today has been the most gorgeous Saturday.  I woke up and was at tetum class at 8:30am despite my intense enjoyment of Friday night wee into the hours of Saturday morning.  Well done me.  My teacher Mario taught us the five W's and how to us the possessive.  For example, "Hau nian serveja"- "That is my beer!"



After class I headed out on a stroll to take pictures of the beautiful things I see when I run but obviously can't capture because I don't have a camera.  In the park from a few posts back here, I happened upon a Timorese wedding.  I have an affinity for weddings and the happiness they bring to everyone involved. It really is a triumph that everyone can enjoy- love conquering all.  It gives us all hope- in everything!  This beautiful couple were gracious enough to let me take their picture.  I got their email and sent them this photo and some others.  They must have been extremely hot in the suit, dress and gloves.  Love doesn't care if it's 90 degrees and 85% humidity, I suppose.








Then I stopped for a coconut.







And some red bananas.






And then met these nice boys.








And this little girl.







And then bought a pineapple from this man.  







Then, I looked for a place to live (again).  I decided not to live here.








Even though it has this amazing door.








And after a day of swimming a good distance in the ocean and kayaking into the reef, I enjoyed this sunset. 






Boa noite!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jamie, these pictures are absolutely amazing! Such a once-in-a-lifetime experience. So happy you're enjoying yourself. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And ugh, I want to be in that picture of the sunset

    ReplyDelete