1.21.2012

by the sea

The most amazing thing about living on a tropical island (yes I intend to keep saying that until it gets old, and no, I don't think it will) is that you are always very close to the water.  


Currently I am staying at the Plaza Hotel (no affiliation with the 5 star NYC landmark) which is great because it is one block from the beach.  It also has AC, which is a huge plus.  This is what the walk to the beach looks like:




When I go for my morning run there are less people and it is still. There is a very secure quiet across the city before the motorbikes and taxis and rush begins.  It's my favorite time to go out.  The water is just beyond the park to the right. 

So I run along a bit further and see this soccer field/basketball court always filled with groups of men and boys playing basketball.  People are active here and there always seems to be something going on.



I wonder what would happen if I were to run up and join in?  

Did I mention I don't play soccer?

No comments:

Post a Comment