1.26.2012

justin bieber is alive and well

Today was a productive, beautiful, hot, lovely day.  My morning was spent reviewing a Media Survey and more procurement documents.  Then I went to the most fabulous place to eat lunch- Tropical Island (there I go again!) Cafe and Bakery.  I had the best carrot juice and red chicken curry with lychee fruit served over sliced cucumbers.  Oh yes, I will go back.


During the course of the day I observed two interesting things:


1.)  On my way to work (I walked, thank you very much) I saw the largest snail I have ever seen in my life.  It was bigger than my hand, though you probably can't tell from this picture.  


It made me want to bake it in its shell with butter and garlic and call it a day, but I settled for it making my morning.  I ate a banana and was satisfied with that.


2.)  On my way back from a meeting at the Ministry of Finance (yes, I still want to call it the Ministry of Magic- good thing I didn't make that mistake in front of the important people visiting from DC today) we passed a microlet bus with a screen printed sunshade of the face of Justin Bieber on the back window.  I am kicking myself I didn't take a picture.  It was brilliant.  I was confused for a brief second and then it made sense that finally!, the Bieber empire- the cologne, body wash, hair products, electric toothbrushes, temporary tattoos, hats, shoes, bedding, panty liners and anything else that can be sold in a gas station to do with Justin had made its way to Timor-Leste.  Huzzah! 


It was obvious the sunshade had been there a while- it was faded and at least 3 years old- it was clearly during Justin's pre-teen years- before the pierced ears and the 2 facial hairs he has now, but that shiny warm up jacked with the multicolored collar and furrowed brow and angry/sexy pout were unmistakable.  He's perfected the look over some time I think, perhaps thanks to Selena Gomez?  WHY do I know so much about this? 


The only redeeming quality about this bus was that on the other (albeit smaller) back window was also a sun screen of the Stones 40 Licks album cover.  Even if it was in the smaller of the 3 back windows, it negated (some of) that ridiculousness that is Justin Bieber.  But the real question remains: how can someone who can appreciate the musical genius of the Rolling Stones know and care who Justin Bieber is?  I intend to find out.  And of course continue to fight corruption.







No comments:

Post a Comment