2.06.2012

lychees make everything better

Today was a really hard stressful day.  Probably the hardest and worst I've had since I've been here.  So much to learn and to do and it was all very overwhelming- it all came to a head today.  Not having a car and relying on taxis doesn't help either.  It is a full moon so I'm not totally surprised.   Luckily, I have a new tiny (apartment) and some lovely new friends who helped me christen it with some crisp chardonnay and some Australian cheeses and these beautiful fruits. 






Lychees have got to be the most fascinating, ugly, mysterious, beautiful fruit I've ever eaten.  The outside appears prickly, but in fact the curls of the fibers that protect the fruit inside are soft to the touch.  Like a thick cornsilk.  The skin breaks open easily to reveal a glistening white, slightly transparent fruit that has the freshest mildest taste that can melt away any bad day.


Today I am grateful for lychees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment