2.23.2012

sdhvsnnadobn;obno;snvs

Weird day.  Let me give you a run through:

1.  Wake up at 6 am and do "hotel work out" in my apartment using my suitcase as a weight. Totally coordinated.

2. Get harassed by group of teenagers as I try to get a taxi to work.  Daily routine but worth noting.

3. Almost run over a 3 legged dog- near miss- in chosen taxi. Heart failure.

4.  Observe a full frontal urination from the sidewalk onto a shipping container at the pier as nearing final destination (it is not yet 8:15 am). Classy.

5.  Get to work; meet group of people and supposed to meet driver to go out to line ministries to do training needs assessment surveys. No driver.

6.  Group member volunteers use of personal car and we complete our morning interviews 30 minutes late (which is on schedule) and I am dropped off to walk back to my 2nd office (I have 4).

7.  Eat at desk for 20 minutes before afternoon interviews start.  During this time I confirm that no, my boxes that arrived January 18th are still not cleared and ready for me to collect. Excellent.

8.  Book ticket to BALI next weekend. Oh yeah.

9.  Complete afternoon interviews by 6 pm and go to supermarket to buy a wok that is not aluminum (Alzheimer's people- don't use aluminum!) and some liquid detergent as the powder here is crap.  

10.  Get groped in the paper goods aisle. Not awesome. 

11.  Get in taxi to go home; heavy traffic because Prime Minister Xanana Gusmão is hanging out in the middle of the street talking to citizens.  I was so close I could have touched him. Normal. 

12.  Drop stuff off at apartment (it's now 7 pm) and go back down to friend's place where we run into Xanana Gusmão again. Is he stalking me?

13.  Saw AH-MAZE-ING sunset.  Pink, hot pink, orange, yellow, blaze orange, blue, bright purple, dark purple, wispy clouds, fluffy clouds, palm trees- aaaagh!

14.  Walk to documentary screening of Strange Birds in Paradise; A West Papuan Story.  Cried, felt sick to my stomach, and inspired all in an hour and a half.  Watch it. 

I have worked for my weekend.  Can anyone say Friiiiiiiiddddaaaaaayyyyyyyy?

No comments:

Post a Comment